If you have a heart attack or other heart problem, cardiac rehabilitation may be an important part of your recovery. Cardiac rehabilitation can help prevent another, perhaps more serious, heart attack and can help you build heart-healthy habits. Learn more about if you can benefit from a cardiac rehabilitation program and how it can aid in your recovery.
Benefits of Cardiac Rehab:
- Strengthening your heart and body after a heart attack.
- Relieving symptoms of heart problems, such as chest pain.
- Building healthier habits such as getting more exercise, quitting smoking, and eating a heart-healthy diet.
- Reducing stress.
- Improving your mood.
- Increasing your energy and strength.
- Making you more likely to take your prescribed heart medicines.
- Preventing future illness and death from heart disease.